Who Tours a Cemetery?!
Neepawa’s Riverside Cemetery is known far & wide as one of Manitoba (and Canada’s) most beautiful cemeteries in all seasons. From the impressive monuments spanning almost 150 years, to our majestic towering trees and stunning flowers, you won’t want to miss it – our locals include this on their walking routes on a daily basis!
A few notable monuments:
- Erected in 1903 to honour one of Neepawa’s earliest settlers, Hon. John Andrew Davidson. This monument is also known as the “Stone Angel” made famous by the novel of the same name, by world-renowned author Margaret Laurence, who was born in Neepawa.
- Laurence’s final resting place is on the south side of the cemetery, located in the Wemyss family plot.
- To the north, the grave of Lewis Hickman can be found – the only victim of the Titanic disaster buried in western Canada.
For information about our Cemetery or info on burials and purchasing plots please contact the Town of Neepawa Office .
- Phone: 204-476-7600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Visit our website at www.neepawa.ca